Hi Cyndi...

I'm a C5/6 Q also.  When I first began using a power chair (25 yrs ago) my
biggest difficulty was keeping my hand on the joystick control.  I was in a
halo and my hand kept slipping off the joystick in whatever direction I might
have been pushing, pulling or whatever.

I asked my PT/OT and/or nurse to help me by fastening a medicine cup upside
down on top of my joystick ball -- the type of cup used with Pepto Bismol or
used to dispense meds in a hospital.  I had a matching cup on the palm of my
wrist splint.  This was occasionally a problem if I had a spasm but my
arms/hands rarely did that.

The cup on the splint palm fit perfectly over the one on the joystick... and it
slide off.  This was occasionally a problem if I had a spasm but my arms/hands
rarely did that.

Now I use a 'T' style joystick made of metal brake line tubing that we
carefully bent to 80-90 degrees about halfway up.  (It looks like a "limp T.")

I hope that gives you some ideas.  Get creative.  Use things around the house.
Eventually you'll come up with something that works better than anything you
could EVER buy.

Best wishes & Good Luck!
... and as others have said, Get your husband on this list!!  It's a
combination of everyone's PT, OT, Docs, Nurses and personal experiences!
There's no better place for him to get info and be part of a public, social
community!  Extremely healthy for a new Quad (aka Q, in my book.)

Sincerely,
Tod Santee