Hi Daniel,

Welcome to the list!  It is always more interesting when more diverse ideas and
view are shared between people of different nationalities.  I am sure if you
continue participating on this list we will learn from you as much as you can
learn from all of us!

Regarding your problem, I think you have received some of the best advice any
of us on this list can give without knowing more about exactly what your
problem with defecation (bowel movement) is and how it affects you.

Some questions that might help us to better understand your problem are the
following:
   * It is difficult to have a bowel movement (defecate) even when you are full?
   * Is it happening too often or is it very watery (like diarrhea)?
   * Or maybe it is very unpredictable?  Does it seem to happen at just any
time of the day and night for no apparent reason?
   * Does it cause "pain" that makes you sweat or gives you bad, pounding
headaches?
   * Or does it happen so easily or quickly that you don't even know until
everything is already a mess?

I'm sorry to ask so many personal questions but any one of these problems  OR
any certain combination of more than one can suggest different answers to your
problem.

If the problem is difficulty having a predictable bowel movement (most common
for 'beginners') I would suggest trying to do it each night or each morning at
the same time every day.  If you can't make your bowels empty by themselves
there is a common laxative suppository used by many quads that contains 10mg
bisacodyl (brand name "Dulcolax" here in the US and also in a faster-acting
suppository called a "Magic Bullet.")

After getting your body on a very regular and predictable schedule you can try
to make the time between longer; trying to do it every 2 days instead of every
day.

The potential for success in doing things like this will depend a lot on how
well your body reacts to a schedule (or changing a schedule), it will depend on
whatyou eat and how much you eat, and will also largely depend on the support
system you have to help keep you on a strict schedule.  If someone has to help
you but they are only available on occasion it will be very difficult.  Staying
on a schedule is extremely important to be successful in regulating your body's
movements.

A good support system of family members and people who can help you and work
with you regularly can be extremely important in staying healthy... that is
especially true if you have not had the paralysis for a long time.

I wish you the very best luck.  I am sure others on this Quad List will also be
happy to help in any way they can.

Sincerely,
--Tod