Hi guys~It's spring break and I am still on campus... Long story short: I am a
incomplete quad. but am independent. I wanted to go to?the beach but didn't
because:
?
1. I don't have transportation (there is a bus system)
2. and mainly because in order to take a shower I need my shower chair. For
those of you
who use one you know that's is not something an individual can pack up & take
with you.
?
When you travel or vacation how do you do it? I want/need to go to the beach.
Do hotels have shower chairs available? Is it possible to rent vans??? ( I have
my licence to drive a van with hand controls)?
?
It will be 4 years since my accident and I have not been anywhere except Mom's,
the Sleep Inn over Christmas break?(that was a nightmare), and in a dorm room.
Please tell me how you guys go on vacation, where, how do you do it? If I am
ever going to go it will be by myself. Have any of you pulled this off?
?
I really need and would appreciate your input, I am tired of "feeling" alone
and want to change.
?
Thanks