Hi Don,
I'm sorry to hear about your wound problems also. It's so hard  for us
because we cannot feel and we don't know if the nurses doing the right  thing.
They gave me some kind of special IV medication in the hospital. I don't
remember the name, but it is something they only use at acute centers such as
KU. My antibiotic for doxycycline will be ending in two days and the plastic
 surgeon doesn't want to put me on it again, but if you could see the
world. You  would think it would be a good idea. I tried to call infectious
disease, but  they did not call me back. The plastic surgeon said he didn't
think
they were  going to have to cut any more of my heel away. I will have at
least two more  weeks of the wound vacuum before they drive plastic surgery,
which may not work  the first time. It's so horrible to see your foot with
part of your heel bone  gone. They said the skin graft skin will never be like
my regular skin and it  always will be fragile and I would have to watch
very closely. I had enough  problems with my real skin. A lot of people have
talked about wound vacuum, but  I had no understanding of them. How do you
get over osteomyelitis? I am not  familiar with that Don?

So you have had plastic surgery on your wound? If  so, how did it go? It's
hard to imagine.
Thank you so much for your prayers  as I really appreciate and need them.

Dana
. In a message dated  6/25/2012 12:10:27 P.M. Central Daylight Time,