Hi Glenn,

As you probably know better than I, sudden spikes in high blood pressure
in a person with SCI level above T6 is an emergency because it often is
a sign of autonomic dysreflexia. I *assume* you and your doctor have looked
 at all the "usual suspects"--urinary tract infection, checked for skin
breakdown, any unusual swelling or areas of red or discolored skin--any
stimulus (pain or irritation) below your level of injury may be setting this
off.'

If you are unable to find out what is causing the problem, one thing you might
want to ask your doctor about is celiac disease--an autoimmune disease where
the body has an intense reaction to gluten, which is a specific protein
molecule
found in wheat, barley and rye.  The reason I mention this is I was diagnosed
with
celiac disease 3 years ago--at age 51.  I'm a T10 complete para, 29 years post
injury.  My celiac symptoms were:
*chronic constipation (it manifests in the gut two
ways--the most common is serious diarrhea, OR constipation.
*pain in my lower right abdomen--right at my line of sensation, which is just
about
even with my navel.

Celiac disease can hit at any age and it affects 1 out of 133 people.  It is a
long shot
and I hope you don't have it--but may be worth mentioning.

Bob V