The Sixth Sense.  There is a comedian that did a very funny riff on this
premise.  In the movie
the boy always whispers "I see dead people", the effect of the whisper pulls
the audience in
and makes it more powerful.  The comedian does a "how it would really play
out", the key
phrase "I see dead people is whispered" and instead of Willis' psychiatrist
character having
an important reaction he says "What?  I didn't hear you, can you speak up!?"
The boy keeps
repeating the line, "I see dead people" in ever louder whispers, and Willis
keeps saying "What!!??
Still can't hear you." Finally saying something like, "Look kid, for this to
work out you have to speak
loud enough for me to hear…"  Just cracked me up.

Bob V