cleveland. i live in a suburb of cleveland, 20 minutes from invacare. i needed
a motor. the tech was at my home. he couldn't go get it. they had to mail it to
them! my chair has had 2 new motors, new computer, new controller, batteries
THREE times & so we wouldn't have to wait a month on bearings, we bought 20
online for a 1.00 a piece. i go thru those! and it's only 5 yrs old. all i do
outside is stores and smooth surfaces walking my dog. i will however note your
last opinion. thank you,
dianna....do you know where pride chairs are built?

When one has one pair of shoes, they get wetter, dirtier and require a lot more
attention, than if you had a dozen pairs ... of shoes.   PWD's are usually
singular, unless one as a backup chair or has access to another one.
Wheelchairs are built for indoor mobility, but most take them out and about.
Without annual pit stops for repairs PWDs will require lots of parts.  Most
chairs are made in the Republic of China, by Chinese, using parts and
components made in China. Some chairs are built in other countries in Europe
and Australia/ New Zealand.  In order for some competitive companies that have
contracts with several government agencies that require MADE IN AMERICA,  they
will import parts and components and assemble them here.  50%, means Made in
the USA.

Remember that no matter the manufacturer or the year, it will require repairs.
Just make sure that those who evaluate and make the repairs, can also obtain
the necessary parts in a timely fashion.

Are you in a competitive bid area?