Yes Dianna,

I know exactly what you are talking about. Many people who are in the
hospital for a longer period of time often wear them. Just one more hassle
for me and then when I get up in my chair, because of gravity, it all
starts over again. I would not want to wear them while in my chair since
they need to be plugged in [if I remember right]. So why they are doing
this [or have been doing this for such a long long long time] I have no
idea.

Thank you anyway!
~Lori