The link that Jim provided is correct.

 Unfortunately, prior to 1999 with Bill Clinton in office Medicare DID
provide for ongoing home health care via MEDICARE. I know, I lived it for
two full years.

 I got 2 hours every morning of home health aide care and 2 hours every
evening at home health aide care 7 days a week starting in 1997 when I
joined Original Medicare after having to stop working because of my
secondary spinal cord injury brought on by syringomyelia. I was not
eligible for MEDICAID because of money income and then because of my
husband's income.

 After the "Prospective Payment System" went into effect thanks to Clinton
all of that changed. Home health agencies got paid differently. Instead of
Medicare paying for each home health aide visit... Medicare paid by
Medicare certified home health agency one lump sum. Therefore, because of
greed and money, the home health agencies wanted to keep that lump sum to
the detriment of the beneficiaries who are receiving the care prior to the
PPS system.

I was one of those beneficiaries also known as a victim of the way Medicare
certified home health agencies got paid after 1999. As a result, my husband
suffered an I suffered without the care that I had been getting when I
married my husband.

God forbid him and I worked for a living and therefore making me not
eligible for Medicaid. Yes, I have looked into everything over those years.

Sad.

--
"Petting, scratching and cuddling a dog could be soothing to the mind and
heart and deep meditation and almost as good for the soul as prayer." ~Dean