It's strange that it happened all of a sudden.  Battery problems you can
usually see coming.  Unless the charger died.  See if if the wheelchair
shop will let you borrow a charger.  There's always the possibility that
the wiring somewhere between the charge port and the batteries has come
loose or corroded.  The one constant in life seems to be that chair and
health problems always seem to happen when you can't get ahold of anyone.