Firstly, my typo in my first e-mail was "I have recently been received by 2
big companies  when something..." when I meant for Dragon Naturally
Speaking to type and for me to say "I have recently been *deceived *by 2
big companies when something came up...".

I know exactly what you mean Eric because my backup chair (sitting in my
garage that I can't use because the armrests need to be adjusted when I can
have someone here to do that which isn't happening) is a Permobil Chairman
and it is a front wheel drive chair that I got in 1999 and used it until I
thought I would get a new chair in 2011 and I chose to go with a mid-wheel
drive.  It is a catch-22 decision to make on whether the next chair I get
to be a mid-wheel drive or a front wheel drive. Now  that I have been used
to the mid-wheel drive and can turn on a dime which is now what I need for
many reasons but, like you said, you feel every bump 3 times but it is much
smoother with pneumatic tires. I know since the ones they put on my chair
while they order the pneumatic ones (whereby they did not tell me they no
longer make them) are solid tires and the ride is so hard.  :-(

Using my Permobil Chairman front-wheel-drive for so many years I did not
know any differently so I used it just fine even with a minivan and my last
two vans have been minivans. It's hard to remember now but I DO remember
riding in the grass and having a much smoother ride with only 4 tires. I
also have terrible neck and upper back pain but it only gets worse when I
get hurt and that is happening more frequently during bed to chair
transfers.

I have never liked the back to this Permobil M 300 mid-wheel drive either
because it is just a thin cushion whereby my Permobil Chairman had a much
better soft cushion back that came with it. It is in rough shape now but
definitely softer.  I know that Roho back seven now available for rehab
power chairs so that is another thing to think about. I sure miss my
husband for all of this. Not only for my love for him but with him being an
engineer he could fix things easily enough so I didn't have to depend on
people who are not familiar with the tools that come with the chairs to
make adjustments, having help sharing the cost of everything and not
needing to pay someone around-the-clock and so much more. It was nice
living in a home also. But now all of that is gone. Life is so much better
when you have someone to share your life with, eat with, etc. etc. etc.

This is also the first time I have been without family and living on my own
and not getting any support. EVERYTHING is now up to me and being paid for
by me and with everything that has happened to me over the last 3 1/2 years
I am worn out. With severe pain for one reason or another it's hard to get
up every day.

Anyway,  there are so many chairs to choose from and I only have one
insurance so it's going to cost me a lot out of pocket. I also want the
elevating feature because now when I go to my urologist I just used that
instead of how hard it is to get on their little tables. Or if I need to
have an ultrasound or something like that.

Never heard of the company that was shown with the link you gave to us OR
if they have any locations nearby me.  The BIGGEST issue, in my opinion, is
the follow-up need for adjustments that creep up with problems with the
chair and having technicians available for that.

~Lori