Update on my health journey:

It all started with an antibiotic. The dose kept being too high and they kept lowering it, but it continued to be high and after about a week I ended up being very loopy in the head, so they took me to the hospital and by the time I got to the front door I don't remember anything for about a month.

I ended up being in complete kidney failure which snowballed into respiratory failure. I was on daily dialysis and a ventilator. Thank goodness I don't number the 1st month, but the 2nd month when they were trying to wean me off the ventilator was very hard. I still have a lot of fluid on my right lung so I have to drain it about every 3 days and that's pretty gross and uncomfortable.

This last Monday I had to go back in for an Ablation in my heart. They had to stick a catheter up a vein in my groin that allowed them to burn the extra cells that kept my heart in constant Aflutter for the past two months and wouldn’t stop. I'm still having trouble sitting all the way up. I'm very tired, out of breath, very weak and I not able to type very long, so I haven't been writing. I'm am speaking into a phone right now as I can't type all this.

The doctors had told me I’d be on dialysis and a ventilator the rest of my life at one point and was on the verge of death multiple times during the first weeks. My kidneys started showing a glimmer of function after a few weeks, but they still didn’t think they would ever be back to normal. I am relieved to report that I am free of both the dialysis and the tracheotomy. I just went to the kidney doctor this week and he told me my kidneys are back to normal, so that's good.

Thanks for all your kind words and prayers and I hope I can be back to posting soon. -Greg