At 6:29 PM -0500 on 03/12/02, Robert J. Johansen wittily wrote:

>Dear Quadraphiles:
>
>Thanks to the pickle for his response, but perhaps I should have been clearer:
>I want to extract (export) the e-mail messages to text files for use with a
>program such as Digest Viewer or the like. While Eudora will import e-mail
>messages, will it export them to text without first importing them? Is there
>something else that will do this job in one step?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Rob Johansen

I would try AppleScript and do it with AppleScript. You could also ask your
question in a Eudora list, I subscribe to two of them and can let you know
how to join if needed. Also here are some URLs with information that might
help.

Eudora2Text     http://40ers.com/nwE2T.shtml
InterGuru's E-Mail Address Conversions  http://www.interguru.com/mailconv.htm
Macintosh E-Mail Resource Page (MERP)   http://www.macemail.com/index.shtml