At 15:16 +0200 on 15/04/02, Nestor Hernandez Sousa wrote:

>he idea about mac - so I became a Q.7 running Mac Os 7.5.3, it has 20Mb
>Ram, 25Mhz
>Processor(tunable to 30, but how??), , he thinks he's a Power
>macintoshbecause of the

With a replacement oscillator of the smaller 4-pin square type (as opposed
to the larger rectangular ones).

>can't stuff more programs in it cos of memory problems (it has Microsoft
>word, excel, Powerpoint,
>etc.)
>
>I would like to know how can I upgrade it -  know it accepts MacOs 8.6, but...
>      what kind of Cd-drive fits?

None without some serious case surgery.  An external SCSI device will be
fine, tho.

>      does a normal 56Kb Modem work fine on it?

Should be.

>      How much Ram can he get?

68MB is the practical upper limit, which is *far* too little to efficiently
use anything past Mac OS 8.1.

>     Should I throw it a away and buy something new?

Nah, throw it in my direction if there's any throwing :)

>Oh , I also got a 4 GB Western Digital scsi harddrive, its mac compatible,
>but i don't know how to
>install it. And I don't have a utilities disk, nor a system disk, pity, it
>was a third hand computer -
>no one had it, where can I get one?

Try the FAQ :)

the pickle

FAQ <http://macfaq.org/index.shtml>
Software Archive
<ftp://download:[EMAIL PROTECTED]//Users/thepickl/Sites/Archive/>