Allen Davis wrote:

 >Judging from the message lines, I'm going to shoot from the hip, which I
 >often do anyway.

oh goody

 >Not long after I installed Windows 98 on a separate partition of my big
 >hard drive on my main computer,

Try a virus checker

 >At first, I was in total denial and disbelief that a Wintel
 >virus/worm/whatever could hurt us Mac users.

Cant and wont.

 >It took me a few minutes to rid myself and my system of AutoStart. It
 >took three WEEKS to get rid of the Klez symptoms.

What are Klez symptoms. Klez needs to be handled properly before it
reaches you.

 >I'm on other mailing lists that are badly infected with Klez; they can't
 >seem to eradicate it.

Why? most virus checkers spot infection, with differing success of
removing the virus, corporate versions like the one my isp run remove
the threat before I see it. They were slow on the up take thou.
At home Norton's scans everything on port 110 no matter what machine its
sent from or received by

 >Am I mistaken, or does this thing actually have the ability to infect
 >and/or damage Mac systems???

Your mistaken as usual and how about a screen shot of this 68k running
8.5 without problems or mods. I know you've only been asked half a dozen
times in the last month. Do you have a quadra that runs a os made for a 68k machine?