On 23 Dec 2002 23:17:51 -0600
"Dan Palka" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Well after spending a day with two monitors on my Quadra 800, I mean
Centris
> 650, I mean,  AHH!  I began to get a bit annoyed with the fact that one
of the
> displays is just brighter than the other.  I turned the gamma on the
bright
> display down to uncorrected gamma, but its STILL brighter.
>
> And it wont let me choose anytyhing but uncorrected gamma on the dimmer
> display.
>
> Is there any contorl panel or something that will let me change the
gamma
on
> the displays to whatever I want?
>
> I know you could calibrate displays and choose whatever gamma you want
in
> MacOS 8 and up, but there must be a way to do something similar in
system
7.

Early (i.e., pre-5) versions of the Adobe Photoshop installer, including
demo versions such as you might find on an old MacAddict CD or something,
install a fully functional Gamma control panel. (Vers. 5 has an Adobe
Gamma panel, which I think is probably PPC-only, since the program is, but
I haven't checked.)

If you don't have a Pshop demo handy, get in touch with me off-list.

And a hearty helping of seasonal cheer to you & all the Quadlist!

--
Over,

        Jutso