the pickle wrote:

>Sounds like it might not be an Apple drive.  Try a third-party formatter or the
>hacked HD SC Setup in the FAQ.

I try to stay away from them. ;) The Drive's a stock 2gb, Apple logo'd
Quantum.
Copied the system folder from the Startup Disk to an external drive
along with the HD SC Setup and disk first aid from the Disk Tools disk.
After more messing about than a pc boot disk running fdisk, we finally
got 7.1 pro installed and updated with 75% of the disk unallocated.
Hoping to use that for something else. I've got AUX and Debain any
suggestion while I still have bandwidth left? Bit gray on whether AUX
would run on the 800.

Found out the hard way that the pram battery's on the way out. Yes,
cutting corners gets you no where.

Have a great week everyone and watch those christmas spirits if driving.
Cheers.