> Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 07:17:41 -0800 (PST)
> From: Mauricio Santana
> Subject: Re: Quadra 840 AV???
> >There is no ROM or cache card on the board. I have
> >tried starting up
> >using only one piece of RAM. I must have tried about
> >eight different
> >pieces, all of which I have reason to believe is
> good.
>
> Nancy, did I read correctly? there is *NO* ROM??? if
> that is true IT WILL NEVER start up, you gotta get a
> hold of a Q840AV ROM... there is no other way on earth
> for the quadra to startup properly... Perhars there
> are some laying around on ebay?
>
> hope this helps,
>
> Mauricio

Sorry, I'm afraid the message of mine you are responding to wasn't very
clearly written. What I meant was there were no additional cards on the
board that I removed. So if there was a ROM card there, I would not have
removed it.
Since the problem started, I have tried to work on the machine in the
original state it was in when I tested it and found it worked fine.

I have read all of the responses posted yesterday and today, and plan to
try out all of the suggestions this weekend. I'll report back with the
results then. Here's hoping I'll have some good news to share!
Thanks again to all of you.

Nancy