I think I have a pretty fantastic old mac setup.

Quadra 800...  swaped out the motherboard for that of a Quadra 630 so
that I could have the sonnets 50mhz upgrade card.  Maxed ram at 136mb.  A
SuperMac Spectrum IV video card.  Dual displays, one 17'' and one 15''.

a 4.5gb hard drive at 10,000rpm.

System 7.5.5.

Its my daily machine I use it for most stuff like web browsing with iCab,
AOL Instant Messanger, Email with Claris Emailer.  It also does a lot of
MS Office stuff, some games.  I do all of that on the Quadra in my room
as opposed to the G3 in the basement because I think the Quadra is cooler.

Stil thinking of thigns.. use photoshop 4 for graphics work, and Avid
VideoShop 2 for editing video on the Quadra.  Also write HTML, or just
WYSIWYG it using Symantec VisualPage 1.1.1.

Also use the Quadra with my Apple OneScanner, which is still an extremely
high resolution scanner, albeit it scans in grayscale.

I'm serious my Quadra is my main machine completely.  I can't emphasize
it enough.  My friends think I'm crazy for using the Quadra "religiously"
as one of them put it one time when we were arguing because I made him
mad cause I didnt want to run a program he wrote just that second because
it was powerpc only and i was on my Quadra and didnt feel like going all
the way downstairs and waiting for the G3 to take an hour to boot up and
then run it just to come back upstairs again.

Don't get me wrong the G3 is an amazing machine, but I only use it just
for occasional games and big graphics work that i need to do sometimes,
or when I have to rush to a website to do soemthing and dont feel like
waiting for the Quadra to slowly load web pages (even though the Quadra
is on a cable modem its web page rendering is a bit slower than what I
like).

I dont know how many people can say thier Quadrs are their full time
daily machines.

Lots of hellos from Dan Palka's Quadra 800:
The power to be your best.