Recently, Dan Knight wrote:

[Pickle] has contributed valuable content to the site
and has threatened to remove it -- including some of
our most popular archived Mac Daniel columns and the
video card section.

End quote.

So the game gets played Pickle’s way or he takes his
ball and goes home? Some people might describe that as
blackmail or extortion. But it is finally a clear
indication of why the nannies can’t control his
abusive behavior. And why Dan has washed his hands of
any responsibility for Pickle’s insistence on being
abusive and on hawking the FAQ when this community
relies on the exchange of information, even redundant
and trivial information.

Let him take his badly written columns and go. No one
should hold this community – or LEM – hostage. It is
an outrage that he would even make the threat, let
alone follow through. LEM is the power source. Pickle
is the parasite. If he removes his work then his ego
suffers. Call his bluff. No one in the Mac community
will ever forgive him for such a childish act. He’ll
be a pariah.

This is my last message. I had hoped for some future
where these lists weren’t dominated by a single ego
with a pathological need to answer every question.
Where newbies were tutored instead of being abused.
Where information was given and not held hostage.

But that was before I realized that Pickle was
victimizing you. There’s nothing anyone can do for you
Dan. You have to do it yourself this time. I guess
your recent defense of him can now be seen in a
clearer light.

<g>