Brock Witherspoon wrote the following on 4/18/2005 2:41 PM:
Are you trying to connect the hard drives at the same
time as the CD and Zip drives?  If so, are both of
these drives unterminated?

It turned out the CD was terminated. (The Zip was not.) However, when I remove that jumper I still can't get the machine to boot with a HD attached, no matter whether I terminate them or not. With one drive it did boot, but didn't see the drive on the bus, so that didn't really help. What else could be causing a SCSI lockup?

Can the Quadra boot from a Zip? Maybe I will try putting a system and the installer on a Zip and disconnecting the CD drive.

Tim

--
Tim Larson                                        Senior Web Developer
Physicians' Mutual Insurance Company                      www.pmic.com

This message and any attachments are confidential, may contain privileged
information, and are intended solely for the recipient named above.  If you are
not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivery to the named
recipient, you are notified that any review, distribution, dissemination or
copying is prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, you should
notify the sender by return email and delete the message from your computer
system.