'admin'/'admin' is pretty standard. If worse comes to worse, you could pop open the case and look at the internals, from there you can figure out the chipset manufactuer and search for other routers with the same chipset (they may be the exact same one in a different package) and see if they provide documentation for default admin. Also, to make sure it is reset, hold onto the reset button for a while.

Tom Abel wrote:
Try 'admin'

----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Wakefield" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Quadlist" <quadlist@mail.maclaunch.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 7:41 PM
Subject: [q] OT - Wireless Access Point info

This post is a bit off topic, but I hope someone can
help.

I have a "House Branded" Wireless Access Point
purchased at CompUSA approximately 2 years ago (when
they were blowing out the "802.11B only" products to
make room for the "802.11G's") At first, since I was
the only kid on the block with wireless, I set it up
naked and ran without wired equivalent protection
settings. Recently I have noticed another signal in
the neighborhood and it is now time that I locked my
unit down!
The problem is that in the two years since installing
it and letting it sit, the unit no longer responds to
the password I gave it. My guess is that it has
regressed to the default settings possibly from one of
our past power outages. I have pushed the reset button
on the unit, (just to be sure we were starting from
scratch,) and now need to have the "Default" password
to get in. Naturally I cannot find the instruction
manual and I am hoping that somebody in the group will
have a similar unit and will be able to provide me
with the missing password. Any ideas on how to start
over would be appreciated.

  This is what I know about the unit:

  MAC address: 0008A1425AD7 DA   CompUSA SKU:  295105

  My guess is that it was originally made by CNet
Technologies
  (but they no longer admit to any products before
"G's".)

Send list messages to:  <mailto:quadlist@mail.maclaunch.com>

iPod Accessories for Less
at 1-800-iPOD.COM