Hi, Andreas,

The machine has been humming away on the bench for several weeks now.
Everything was running great, until I spotted a new version of QuadStor
(3.2.11) and started to upgrade it. Everything went south at that point.
One of my VMFS volumes was completely trashed by the upgrade. The other
volume looks ok, so far. We'll see if the synchronization it's doing right
now is going to trash that one, too. If it does, I'll have to start over
from scratch, since that will be the VMs drive and the backup drives both
gone.

If the backup drive lives, I'll be able to build up a new backup VM, attach
the backup VMDK, and restore all of my VMs - but at this point, I don't
know if that will be the case. It appears to be completely re-synchronizing
the entire 2TB drive, at the moment, for whatever reason, and the ESX hosts
are both virtually unresponsive, so I can't check on much. All I can do is
watch the drive lights and eyeball the QuadStor web interface - which tells
me it's re-synchronizing, but there's no progress indicator, so I have no
idea how long it's going to take.

It would seem that if you get a system that's running solidly, leave it
that way. I was stupid enough to fix something that wasn't broken, and now
it's a mess. I know better - I just figured it was a smart thing to
upgrade, since the latest version fixes a kernel panic on large vDisks. I
never saw the kernel panic problem, however - perhaps 2TB wasn't enough to
trigger the problem.