Hi,

After deleting from the database you would need to restart again. But
you would also have to delete the other disks from the same pool and
also the tapes which were configured in the pool. This is because the
pool is no longer usable.

When the master disk is lost, the entire pool is unable.
When any other disk in a pool is lost, then some tapes will still be
usable till a point when the data on tape is on the disk which was
lost

As root user

echo "select groupid from storagegroup where name='AA'" |
/quadstorvtl/pgsql/bin/psql -U vtdbuser qsdb

Replace AA with the poolname. This will list the groupid which is a
unique id assigned to the pool

echo "select * from physstor where groupid='GROUPID'" |
/quadstorvtl/pgsql/bin/psql -U vtdbuser qsdb

Replace GROUPID with the groupid. The first column is the bid for the
other disks. On the bids can be listed by

echo "select bid from physstor where groupid='GROUPID'" |
/quadstorvtl/pgsql/bin/psql -U vtdbuser qsdb

Now
echo "delete from physstor where bid='BID'" |
/quadstorvtl/pgsql/bin/psql -U vtdbuser qsdb

Replace BID with each BID listed for the pool

Reboot

The pools should now be empty and all the disks will show up with an
"Add" link in the "Physical Storage" page.

Clear the first 32MB of the disks which were deleted manually from the database
dd if=/dev/zero of=<disk path> bs=1M count=32 oflag=direct

The above command should clear older metadata on disk which would
otherwise prevent adding back the disk to a pool again.

Please double check every command before executing them.