On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 10:42 AM, Lou Berger <lber...@labn.net> wrote:

Lou,

> Philippe,
[..]
> Sure, as we said the RFP and VNC feature is aliened with the NVO3
> architecture and
>
>     The NVE-NVA protocol used to communicate routing and Ethernet / Layer 2
>     (L2) forwarding information between NVAs and NVEs is referred to as the
>     Remote Forwarder Protocol (RFP). OpenFlow is an example RFP.
>
> So from a conceptual standpoint draft-ietf-nvo3-nve-nva-cp-req is a good
> place to start.
>
> For a concrete example see
> https://www.opennetworking.org/images/stories/downloads/sdn-resources/onf-specifications/openflow/openflow-spec-v1.3.0.pdf

Thanks for the reading.
There are different scenarios described.
I understand that VNC brings flexibility to match the different use cases.
For example, if there is a need to configure some routing in the same
VM where VNC is located, it is easier to export the routing
information to zebra.

In addition to this, the rfapi.h API is well prepared for the
different kind of overlays.
Do you mind if i ask you to change the commit log to add the
information collected in this thread ?

> We have an openflow RFP implementation in the works and once it is
> sufficiently mature / stable, we'll submit it too.
>
> Cheers,
> Lou

Best Regards,

Acked-by: Philippe Guibert <philippe.guib...@6wind.com>