We usually disable zebra.  Something like a route server.
Not sure if this hits other folks as a default behavior, but...
we get thousands of warning messages like:

        sendmsg_nexthop: Can't send NH register, Zebra client not established

Recommended approach on this one?
John Kemp

---

bgpd/bgp_nht.c:

    387 static void
    388 sendmsg_nexthop (struct bgp_nexthop_cache *bnc, int command)
    389 {
    390   struct stream *s;
    391   struct prefix *p;
    392   int ret;
    393
    394   /* Check socket. */
    395   if (!zclient || zclient->sock < 0)
    396     {
    397       zlog_debug("%s: Can't send NH register, Zebra client not
established",
    398                  __FUNCTION__);
    399       return;
    400     }