Am 09.01.2017 um 10:35 schrieb Muenz, Michael:

I'm using the network statement in BGP and in Zebra have a Null Route for the prefix. My thought to solve this explicit issue is to set a route for the prefix via internal IF, so when the NIC is down R1 doesn't advertise any networks.

Ok, this doesn't work, tested it, shut down eth1 and the network was still advertised. Also I got in a bit trouble, because not every network in the assigment is in use, so it tries to find it on eth1 and I ended in full arp cache :)

Not really sure if this is really the way how to solve situations like these? I also read about bgp conditional advertisement, but perhaps this is a bit oversized for a small network?

Any ideas? Or is a route via internal just fine?

So I'm back at the beginning, any ideas how to solve this with quagga?

Thanks,
Michael