From: Jim Hearne
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2018 8:57 AM
To: quantumowners@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [Quantum Owners] Headlining

When i had the headlining replaced in my Saloon they left the foam that was
under the headlining, he said it would be fine.
That was 10 years ago and it’s not shown any signs of coming off.  Though the
car has been inside those 10 years so it’s not had the heat of the sun on it
yet.

I’ve only recently finished removing the original owners idea of soundproofing,
he had used multiple layers of old carpet stuck down with the strongest glue
i’ve ever come across.
It must have taken me at least a week of work spread across the 10 years to get
it all removed with cheisels and scrappers.

You may find that a hot air gun will soften the glue and make things easier but
not too hot, you don’t want to damage the fibreglass.

Jim