We did lots of testing with wheel sizes when we had a 2+2.
It originally came with the factory recommended 14 inch wheels with the factory
recommended sizes, it was the factory demo/brochure car so was still fitted
with the wheels from the brochure photos.
We tried wheel sizes from 13 to 16 inch.
For comfort 13 inch were by far the best for comfort but the wheels looked too
small and the handling was the worst of all tested.
The stock size it came with was 14 inch, it was fitted with the ford lattice
xr3i cabro style wheels. They looked ok and it drove better than with the 13’s.
For us for road use 15’s fitted with 195 45 15 tyres is the best compromise of
looks, easy to get tyres and good road manners.
When we tried 16’s they were very very harsh and on a track superb but for road
use a step too far.

When I bought my saloon it was fitted with 15 wheels, ford style again which I
didn’t like as too modern, so bought a new set of wheels for it.
The wheels bought were 15 inch using the same logic that applied to the 2+2.
Fitted with 195 45 15 there has never been any tyre rubbing even with 4 people
and the dogs in the car.
In my experience the brand of tyre can effect the way the 2+2/saloon drives
almost as much as wheel size.
When I bought my saloon it had 15s with 195b 45 unbranded tyres and the ride
was quite harsh yet when fitted with the new wheels which are the same size
apart from 2mm less offset fitted with toyo tyres and the ride is much better.

I am the historian for the QOC & If you don’t mind would you mind forwarding
the registration and chassis number of your saloon to
quantumhistor...@gmail.com as I have recently updated the quantum owners club
register for the model and would like to check to see if we have your car on
the register list.

Paul

Sent from Mail for Windows