Current front lights setup on my saloon is spots in the spoiler (wired to
only come on with main beam). Standard headlamp units (twin filament bulb
plus separate sidelight bulb). My flaps work correctly even with Dim Dip
enabled i.e lids open whenever any light is on - side or dim dip main.

The headlights definitely need upgrading - in the dark it's a bit like
driving with 2 oil lamps compared to modern cars ;-)
As Jim said probably best to remove Dim Dip completely - it probably would
not play nicely with led sidelights or mains anyway.
Currently awaiting delivery of new battery as several days of electrical
testing has finally killed the old one.

John