On Thursday, October 13, 2016 at 12:41:22 AM UTC-4, Jean-Philippe Ouellet
wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 12:18 AM, pixel fairy <pixel...@gmail.com
> <javascript:>> wrote:
> > i was going to ask for your scripts, but, why not pull request it? just
> > change the call to gnome-keyring-daemon to leave out ssh and gpg (for
> sake
> > of the split-gpg thing)
>
> See
> https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/2351#issuecomment-251553023
> and
>
> https://github.com/jpouellet/qubes-gui-agent-linux/commit/e0d8bf974dbb340a7db6674ed6b9d8cb82c8a0bc
>

> But I still don't understand the interactions of all relevant
> components well enough to be confident I'm not breaking things for
> other people.
>
> I like to know what I'm doing before trying to upstream stuff. I'm
> slowly reading my way through the qubes docs, various
> design/architecture rationale threads, and the implementations of
> various qubes subsystems, but free time remains eternally scarcer than
> one might wish ;)

Im glad you did as much as you did. i applied your patch, but instead of
deleting the call to gnome-keyring, i just added
"--components=secrets,pkcs11" to make it ignore ssh. just did it, just
rebooted some qubes, sshed using the ssh agent with an ed25519 key to make
sure it all works.