Dear all,

I'm quite new in the Qubes community and I'm pleased to be a part of as
QubesOS is a great distro. I'm daily using it now for several weeks and I'm
working on having a more comfortable user experience (at least for me).

A first part I have been working is to add Fedora template flavors. I
created these templates in qubes-builder-fedora based on kickstart files
provided by Fedora for the spins, at least, for a minimum packages
selection. In order to have the proper desktop environment selected when
booting the AppVM (eg. appearance management), I added xinit scripts based
on start desktop scripts corresponding to the flavor selected (XFCE, LXQT
and so on). At this time, I tried flavors for KDE, LXDE, LXQT and XFCE, and
I'm daily using XFCE desktop for my AppVMs because it's small and also
uniform with the default choice of dom0. Before creating things properly on
github repos, I would like to know if it would interest some user and also
Qubes team.

A second part was the general screen appearance. I like the Arc theme
developed by horst3180 (https://github.com/horst3180/arc-theme) but the
default package provided does not allow XFWM coloring of AppVM because it's
using PNG assets instead of XPM ones. I corrected this and forked the repo
(https://github.com/fepitre/arc-theme for those who wants to try, don't
forget to build it with : --with-gnome=3.18 for Qubes 3.2). Probably some
colors adjustments are needed but it's a good start. This theme uses a nice
blue color for widgets, selection background etc. so for me it's perfect
for dom0. By the way, I wanted to go further than only coloring the window
borders in dom0. I have created arc-themes with all the colors of Qubes for
AppVMs in order to have in my opinion a more visual confirmation of which
VMs we are using. I have almost finished to prepare things for github
(https://github.com/fepitre/qubes-arc-themes) so stay tuned ! Here is a
screenshot http://i.imgur.com/OLGKwo3.png

Best Regards,
Epitre