Hello,

Fedora 24 reached its EOL with Fedora 26 release; meaning F24 will receive
less and less attention (and bug fix). For Qube-OS, this mean upgrading
templates to F25. Once more. And the same will be true with F27 release. I
installed a machine with QubeOS two years ago, I have template for F21,
F23, F24, and now F25.

I was wondering if, instead of F25, we could use CentOS 7 ?

I started using it on bootable hard disks, and now I'm replacing F24/F25 on
many machines with CentOS 7. The experience went rather softly.

The advantages I see:
1) evolution rather than revolution: there are significant upgrades at
regular interval, but no need to bump version number and reinstall
everything
2) software version are not the most up to date, but are still decent
3) large software base through EPEL and various repositories
4) management is largely similar to Fedora
5) the ability to operate softwares targetting RHEL7
6) long term support. Less updates

I didn't see any recent postings on the subject.

What do you think of it ?

Regards

Pascal