Well, there are actually multiple swaps, roughly one per VM. Not having
swap on Linux is rather a way to troubles despite having enough RAM,
especially with memory balancing in Qubes, but you can make it more
privacy-respecting.

The dom0 swap is configurable. I advise having it on a device encrypted by
a random key instead of turning it off completely.

The swaps in default AppVMs are hardcoded in prepare-volatile-img.sh. They
are always 1GiB. You can tune it, but when you update Qubes, it can get
replaced. I have a tuning that moved volatile.img to another partition. The
partition is encrypted by a key that is held in memory only, so the whole
partition is protected in a similar way as dom0 swap.

Regards,
Vít Šesták 'v6ak'