On Monday, 20 November 2017 19:32:50 UTC+8, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki
wrote:

> I've confirmed that both the net- and firewall VM's are configured to not
> > start
> > at boot (as far as I understand, this option simply controls the
> ‘autostart’
> > prefs option), yet the VM's still start at boot.
> >
> > The only other thing that is special about these VM's is that my second
> > netvm has the ethernet hardware attached to it. That said, even if that
> was
> > the cause it wouldn't explain why the firewall vm starts at boot too.
>
> Is any other VM started there too? Maybe some other VM (using such
> netvm) is configured with autostart=True.

No. After boot, the only VM that is started except for the two sets of
netvm/firewallvm
is sys-usb.

There are only three VM's that use the alternative netvm/firewallvm and
none of them
are autostart.

> Another possibility is dom0 update check or dom0 clock sync. Those
> actions require appropriate VM to be running (see global prefs -
> updatevm, clockvm). I think they will be started for that.

updatevm and clockvm are set to sys-firewall and sys-net respectively, so
that can't
be the reason either.

Regards,
Elias