On 2018-02-02 17:19, Yuraeitha wrote:

> It seems omeg who has been maintaining Qubes-Windows-Tools the last
> few years, has gone inactive

He is instead working on other projects for ITL's corporate clients,
so "inactive" is not quite accurate.

> https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-installer-qubes-os-windows-tools
> and thus far, it looks like no one else has picked up the project.

Correct.

> If it is not planned to be done any time soon, then that's alright,
> I can live with that. I'm already immensely grateful for everything
> the Qubes team has done. But it's not so easy for everyone though,
> some people are more heavily reliant on Windows than others for
> certain applications.
>
> This post is NOT a complaint or anything of the sorts, but instead
>  a question to settle expectations on the correct path, instead of
>  looking every day for a new update, which can be a lot of
> uncertainty or for some people even anxiety and frustrations, when
>  on Qubes 4 without a means to get Windows 7 installed. Essentially
>  people who need Windows and would love to get Qubes 4, are caught
>  in-between without any idea when or even if Windows 7 will be
> supported anytime in the near-term future.
>
> In other words, just knowing it won't be anytime soon is in a way
> also very good news, because it puts expectations in the right
> place instead of uncertainty. Any such news-update on what is going
> on with it and what to expect, would be appreciated.

As far as I know, Qubes Windows Tools continues to remain on
indefinite hold. We welcome anyone from the community with the
requisite skills to take over development (or just pitch in here and
there).

> Also, I'm not entirely sure regarding the code itself, but it
> should be somewhat close to Qubes 4 in the current
> Qubes-Windows-Tools? For example the Qubes 3.2. Win7 restored from
>  backup in Qubes 4, seems to more or less work, somewhat smoothly,
>  but not perfect. If so, maybe someone else can help with bringing
>  Qubes-Windos-Tools to Qubes 4? Unfortunately I have no coding
> skills of this sort though, otherwise I'd give it a shot.

Sorry, I don't know.

- --
Andrew David Wong (Axon)
Community Manager, Qubes OS