@ bowabos & awokd

On 02/09/18 20:19, bowa...@gmail.com wrote:
On Friday, 9 February 2018 18:10:24 UTC, awokd  wrote:
On Fri, February 9, 2018 5:56 pm, Ivan Mitev wrote:

I saw on qubes-users that you're updating the official documentation,
that's great.

Not only me! Some of the documents have already been updated, and others
are being addressed by people with more knowledge in those areas.

I *really* don't want to sound like I'm duplicating some of
your work, or making your work harder.

You're definitely not doing either. See
https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/3495 . I'm listing items
(Windows 7 docs for a relevant example) that I'm skipping because I
haven't used it enough to provide good documentation.

My main concern was that *somebody* was going to push stuff from the wiki
to the docs, and it not just sit out there confusing users with two
knowledge sets. :)

OK :)

I just read issue #3495, you have a lot more knowledge of the official docs than I do. So, do you think I should try to submit a PR for some of the info present on the wiki page ? Or may I send a link of the wiki page to the qubes-users@ ML first (so that people don't loose time going through the same issues), and then wait that nobody has problems with the current set of install instructions before submitting a PR ?

I second that, Ivan you've done a lot of work. I am not used to opensource collaboration,
so please feedback on my social "skills", I feel I've jump the guns. So
apologies.

no problem at all - it seems that we're several people trying to install windows HVM on R4 and we all publish our findings at the same time !

On the documentation side, from my point of view, the security side on this
area of the doc needs to be reviewed to address the iso in Dom0 (we should not
do or encourage it)

I also though of that. I'll try to test with --cdrom and the iso in an untrusted VM (it just worked for the tools so I don't know why I had to use a loop device on dom0).