On Friday, 9 February 2018 19:02:09 UTC-5, Alex Dubois  wrote:
> On Friday, 9 February 2018 23:59:52 UTC, Alex Dubois  wrote:
> > On Friday, 9 February 2018 16:36:14 UTC, joev...@gmail.com  wrote:
> > > Yes, thanks for pointing out the typos.  They are only mistakes in this
> > > post.  I use a script running in dom0 to generate pretty much everything.
> > >  The same script works when debian-8 is used.  The interface is different
> > > depending on the template
> >
> > I confirm I have the same issue.
> > Please however note that I have another PCI NIC connected to an AppVM (My
> > qubes also act as a firewall for home network) and we have no issue
> > connecting outbound.
> > Outbound connection as you know do not need the PRE-ROUTING rules, so also
> > the problem is seen on the FORWARD rule, I suspect more the PRE-ROUTING
> > rule is at fault and does not do its job.
> > I'll try to dig into this, however I won't have much time this week...
>
> Also, could you clarify if you've tested on FirewallVM and if here again
> Debian is OK and Fedora not. This might rule out issues with physical cards
> (which I suspect is not the problem as PRE-ROUTING does get the packet).

Yes, if the template on sys-net is changed to Debian-8, but sys-firewall
(FirewallVM) is left with fedora... sys-net does send the packet to
sys-firewall, which then appears the same way... PREROUTING sees it, but
FORWARD does not.

Thanks.

P.S.
Debian-9 has issues as well, but I didn't test thoroughly with that.  And I
think Fedora-25 was working prior to some updates.  I do enable testing repos
for these templates, but don't know what package is the culprit and don't know
how to rollback.