On 17 Feb 2018 10:44 a.m., "Elias Mårtenson" <loke...@gmail.com> wrote:

Has anyone considered implementing split-git? The idea being that you'd
have a custom git protocol that forwards requests over qrexec to a git
repository on a different vm.

The reading I started thinking about it is that I have a vm for Keybase,
and I'm using the keybase git provider for some private repositories. It
would be nice to be able to work with those repositories from a vm which
does not have Keybase installed.

I can also envision other usecases for a split-git implementation.

One that comes to my mind is having nice editor and versioning available
for salt states for managing your system, without having to put those in
dom0.

I have started working on a proof-of-concept but I'm nowhere near anything
that works yet. That's why I'm asking here if anyone else have worked on
the same thing, before spending more time on it.