On 02/23/2018 11:52 AM, Zrubi wrote:
I have a strange problem after updating my system (3.2) from the
testing repository.

Changing the NetVM of a proxyVM, takes longer time than before,
but succeed - at least according to Qubes manager (and qvm tools)
But after the change, no traffic visible on the virtual interfaces,
so no networking after that move.

More details:

There is no error messages related this issue.
But If I want to detach this bugged ProxyVM from the connected AppVM
(means: If try to change the connected AppVM's netVM) it is failing
with the following error message:

Internal error: libxenlight failed to detach network device

- -- Zrubi

Hello Zrubi,

Are you using Linux kernel version "4.14.18-1.pvops.qubes.x86_64"?

Are you experiencing higher than normal CPU utilization within the
affected VMs due to the "xenbus" and "xenwatch" kernel threads?

If the answers are "yes", I believe you have encountered the same issue
I reported earlier. Here is a link to my report:

  https://groups.google.com/d/msg/qubes-devel/ER9v3jy0EeI/4VxLzr4eBQAJ

I believe this is a regression in the kernel. Could you try to revert the
commit mentioned in my report and see if that resolves the issue?

Hope this helps!

Vefa