On Thu, Mar 08, 2018 at 02:52:13AM -0800, Elias Mårtenson wrote:
> As far as I understand, qvm-revert-template-changes has been removed in Qubes
> 4 (at least I can't find it), and the alternative solution is to manually
> create an LVM clone that you can revert to later if needed.
>
> I have to admit that I'm not sure of the syntax to actually do this, so it
> would be very helpful to have some commandline tools to help out with this.
>
> Is this something that has been considered?

The functionality has been moved to qvm-volume tool.
You can use it like this:

    qvm-volume revert fedora-26:root

It require the volume to have revisions_to_keep > 0. There was a bug
that resulted in setting it to 0, fixed only recently in 4.0-rc5.
It should be also possible to dynamically change the value, but there is
no UI (even command line) for that right now:

If you set revisions_to_keep to higher value (like 3), you'll be able to
revert also to older revisions, not just the previous one. But this
require the above issue to be fixed...

--
Best Regards,
Marek Marczykowski-Górecki