Marcus Linsner:
> Any chance you could post full steps? like from a newly created qube
> based on a fedora-28 template for example.

Sure, here you go:

    $ gpg --fetch-keys https://keys.qubes-os.org/keys/qubes-developers-keys.asc
    $ git clone https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-builder.git
    $ cd qubes-builder
    $ git verify-commit HEAD || echo DANGER DANGER HIGH VOLTAGE
    $ cp example-configs/qubes-os-r4.0.conf builder.conf
    $ variables='DISTS_VM= USE_QUBES_REPO_VERSION=4.0 USE_QUBES_REPO_TESTING=1
INSTALLER_KICKSTART=/tmp/qubes-installer/conf/travis-iso-full.ks'
    $ make $variables COMPONENTS='installer-qubes-os builder-rpm' get-sources
    $ make $variables COMPONENTS=intel-microcode get-sources qubes clean-rpms
    $ sudo chroot chroot-fc25 dnf -y install dnf-yum
    $ make $variables COMPONENTS= iso

If any step fails due to a download error, just rerun it. Unless I
made a mistake putting everything together (in which case, please say
so), it should spit out an installer image file in the iso/ directory.

> I'd be very interested into building(and testing) an iso with all of this:
> "Rusty Bird have done excellent work and contributed file-reflink storage
> driver[20], making use of copy-on-write feature of btrfs, instead of
> building device-mapper layer on plain files.
> - From now on (including Qubes OS 4.0.1) if you choose btrfs partitioning
> layout, by default file-reflink driver will be used. Existing
> storage pools are not affected by this change. "
> ^ from: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/qubes-devel/MakHbJKbfwk/1PMvmjf3CQAJ
>
> I wonder if that means what I think it means: no more lvm/thin pools
> and instead only btrfs? That'd be crazy good :D (tbh, I'm not even
> sure if it makes sense)

No, you're right. The only thing you have to do is choose the btrfs
layout in your shiny new installer:

    - On the "Installation Destination" screen, select "I will configure
      partitioning." and press "Done".
    - Enter and confirm your desired passphrase.
    - Switch the drop-down menu from "LVM Thin Provisioning" to "Btrfs".
    - Press "Click here to create them automatically." and "Done".
    - Confirm your passphrase again for some reason.
    - Accept the inscrutable "Summary of Changes".

This assumes that the destination hard drive is completely empty. If
not, try the "I would like to make additonal space available" option
on the "Installation Destination" screen.

Let me know if everything works. You'd probably be the second regular
user of the file-reflink driver in this particular universe.

Rusty