On 12/12/2018 05:12 PM, Steve Coleman wrote:
On 12/12/18 2:41 PM, Chris Laprise wrote:
On 12/12/2018 09:11 AM, Steve Coleman wrote:
On 12/12/18 8:13 AM, Chris Laprise wrote:
A fix has been pushed to master (alpha2).

I ran this new version and the first time it gave another error. Second time the same error, third time trying to capture a logfile it ran but was incomplete.

Oddly enough the only backup performed was my vault VM, which has two folder entries on the destination drive. No other VM's appear to have been backed up because of this exception.

The exception should now be "dblocksize error" and line 308 should read:

 > if dblocksize % lvm_block_factor != 0:

That is correct, on line 308

I copied the print statements that followed line 308 and placed them up in front of that if, and reran the backup. Here is what I got:

bkchunksize = 131072
dblocksize  = 4096
bs          = 512

lvm_block_factor = 128

4096 mod 128 = 0

The value from the expression "dblocksize % lvm_block_factor" (4096 % 128) evaluates to 0 so the print statements following that if did not get called.

If this is the source of the error and dblocksize is still = 4096 then I'm a bit stymied; so I need to double-check this before proceeding.

I didn't see your response earlier... sorry about that!

The problem with this is in alpha2 the 'raise dblocksize error' is located after the print statements. So in this case I suspect that a different error (not produced by a 'raise' statement) is occurring, otherwise you wouldn't have had to move the print statements.

--

Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net
https://github.com/tasket