On Tue, 22 Jan 2019, Chris Laprise wrote:

> On 01/22/2019 08:49 PM, unman wrote:

> > Can you explain this? As far as I can see, the temporary update
> > instruction *do* work in a template.
> > What makes you think they don't?
>

> With normal update proxy settings (no cache), this happens:
>
> > user@d9:~$ sudo apt -o Acquire::http::AllowRedirect=false update
> > Ign:1 http://security.debian.org stretch/updates InRelease          Hit:2
> > http://deb.qubes-os.org/r4.0/vm stretch InRelease             Ign:3
> > http://deb.debian.org/debian stretch InRelease
> > Err:4 http://deb.debian.org/debian stretch Release
> > 302  Found
> > Err:5 http://security.debian.org stretch/updates Release
> >   302  Found
> > Reading package lists... Done
> > E: The repository 'http://deb.debian.org/debian stretch Release' does no
> > longer have a Release file.
> > N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore
> > disabled by default.
> > N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration
> > details.
> > E: The repository 'http://security.debian.org stretch/updates Release' does
> > no longer have a Release file.
> > N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore
> > disabled by default.
> > N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration
> > details.
>
> Did I miss something?

Isn't there a cure given to this problem in it?

"This is known to break some proxies when used against security.debian.org.
If that happens, people can switch their security APT source to use:

 deb http://cdn-fastly.deb.debian.org/debian-security stable/updates main"

...that is, disable (comment out) other repos in souces.list and update
with this repo once?

--
 i.