Hi,

The multiple dom0 X/shm.id/DISPLAY functionality I wrote for R3.2 which
was included into some pre-R4.0 version and I've successfully used
off-tree in R3.2 (it was, obviously, considered too invasive to go into
stable) seems to not work fully in R4.0 because some of the later changes
prevent qubes-guid from inheriting the DISPLAY from the caller of the
qvm-start / qvm-run. If I kill the qubes-guid that is created by default
and manually run qvm-gui-start in the dom0 of the DISPLAY is correctly
inherited and I successfully get the VM's GUI displayed by the correct
X/DISPLAY.

I guess it got broken by the inclusion of the admin API. I'd like to
restore this functionality as I find it very useful but I don't fully
understand how the qubes-guid is actually started in R4.0 (in the
qvm-start/qvm-run case) to get the correct DISPLAY passed to qubes-guid.

--
 i.