Thank you for the fast replies.

As mentioned Patrick, kloak and tirdad are prime in the agenda. As I see
the in-Kernel VM issue (which recently got a lot of traffic) is blocking
progress. The parts of security-misc also make a lot of sense and I would
like to see them happening too. LKRG I don't understand that much and maybe
is out of scope given the restrictive timeline we'll have and the blocking
52xx issue.

Other things I would like to see and I think belong to the scope of this
project are:
- https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/2350 -- An application
firewall like the one on Subgraph (rip)
- https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/2724 -- Disabling the
speaker output on Whonix (if relevant)
- Hidden service repos by default
- I know that Qubes/Whonix can run in a dedicated i2p mode which allows it
to only build i2p connections. Creating by default such a template I would
like to experiment on because of an idea of xmpp solely over i2p
- https://github.com/NateBrune/silk-guardian -- And a personal favorite
(which should *already*be in security-misc)

There are a lot of ideas and all have a way of implementation. Sanitizers
could be integrated as well.
The timeline cannot be calculated precisely as blocking issues and
calculated hacks have to take place; if we establish the scope though I
think the timeline will follow along. Here is why I proposed you two as
mentors; your experience and expertise is needed to calculate and judge the
situation.

Harry

PS: In other very interesting news, better security could flow through a
combi <https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/4551> nation
<https://www.hyperbola.info/news/announcing-hyperbolabsd-roadmap/>.

https://www.hyperbola.info/news/announcing-hyperbolabsd-roadmap/
Τη Δευτέρα, 16 Μαρτίου 2020 - 2:54:16 μ.μ. UTC+2, ο χρήστης Patrick
Schleizer έγραψε: