Hi,

after setting up Qubes R4.1 Alpha on a new laptop I found that my old, restored Windows Qubes would not work anymore with R4.1, the reason being the updated qrexec protocol (from version 2 to 3). During my research on the mailing list I stumbled upon the qwt-crossbuild project by tabit-pro that addresses this and other issues. Unfortunately the software did not compile right out-of-the box. I have made some minor changes and created a github repo with the updated version:

https://github.com/uiskla/qwt-crossbuild

I made essentially the following minor changes:

 * Specified to use Fedora 32 (instead of latest, which is probably 33)
   for the Docker image build
 * Removed some conflicting packages in the Dockerfile
 * Added a patch to remove header annotations not understood by mingw
   and added that to the SPEC file

With these change I have successfully built a .msi installer and tested that with Windows 7 VMs and DVMs. GUI, qrexec, seamless mode etc. seem to work fine. I have sent a pull request to tabit-pro but have not received an answer yet (probably because of the holiday season).

If you want to rebuild, here are some hints:

 * I have cloned the standard Fedora 32 template for devel VM
 * I have followed the steps to install Docker from the Fedora
   documentation
 * The devel VM must be converted to HVM so that it is possible to
   re-enable cgroup v1 for the kernel (needed by Docker on Fedora)
 * Then follow the steps from the Readme.md in the repo

Kind regards

Peter

--
<ptrxhf...@googlemail.com>