Hello,
I was reading through the source code (qubes-core-admin and
qubes-core-admin-client) in an effort to help Issue #1293. The goal I
had in mind was to encrypt the private and volatile volumes of every new
AppVM and private, volatile, and root for every StandaloneVM. I'd reason
that DisposableVMs is more suited #904 than encrypted disks and
TemplateVMs have no real reason to be encrypted.

If I were to go about to implement this, how can I determine the VM
class within the Storage drivers when the disks/files are being created
(and presumably where I'd encrypt them)? Should the VM class pass from
_vm_create() to create_on_disk() to create() or is there a way to
determine based on the storage volume properties?

Would encryption best be under its own storage driver or incorporated
into an existing one?

What does the new callback proxy driver add in functionality?

---
Artificial