Prefacing this response with:

I went with the implementation as designed by the document.  In the future I will revise argument passing to use the new 4.1 style, instead of base64 over pipes. Currently the implementation uses a custom-made dialog — a very nice one, if I do say so myself — in the spirit of the feature request #5853.