On 12/21/21 11:57 AM, mm wrote:
Hello all,

in September there was a thread about migrating the documentation to another platform,
and the silent winner was RTD.
Let me say up front: For me localization, release specific docs, automation & easy and transparent maintenance of the documentation
are one of the most important criteria for this.
I took a closer look at RTD wtr to localisation and this is what I found out:

> [...]

What are your thoughts on this?

Thank you very much for investigating this so deeply and sharing your findings! To be honest, a lot of this is over my head, but I'm very much open to hearing everyone's opinions about the best way to proceed. I'll support whatever path forward is best for the project.

On a personal note, I've been the designated "website and documentation maintainer" for a while now, but, for me, the key word is "maintainer." I'm not a professional developer, and my self-taught skills are very limited. I'm better suited to editing content and administering an established system rather than attempting to build and debug new technical systems.

As we've grown as a project, I've been feeling the pressure as our website and documentation needs have outstripped my abilities. One of the main reasons I wanted to look into something like RTD was to find a more "turnkey" solution to alleviate this pressure [*]. We need new features that I simply don't have the ability to build, which is a major limitation of our current custom system.

I would be happy to step aside or share responsibilities with anyone who has the needed skills and is willing to step in, whether to take the reins or just to fill certain gaps. After all, as the project gets larger, it would make sense that we have more specialized roles.

[*] However, it was just an idea that's still being hashed out, not a plan set in stone! This thread is a welcome and appreciated step forward in that process.

--
Andrew David Wong
Community Manager